Table of Content

Pages

Bridging The Gap - Texas To California

Bridging The Gap - Texas To California






I've seen so many who have gone under the knife for a chance at a better life that I have come to the conclusion that it is just not worth it. I'm 54, so I can see the effects of time on my face and body but they don't stop my capacity to create, write or love. All three give priceless value and meaning to my life.

Almost every time I babysat a girlfriend through the experience, it had a dark side. Pain, swelling, bruising, medications and a 'time off' from life's activities was plenty to deal with. But almost each time, during the healing process, the recipient regretted having to surgically alter her body to feel good or acceptable to her world.

Liposuction has caused depression in every person I knew who went through it. I always thought that the body is mourning the loss of a part of itself, even fat. Weight and impossible figures became a plague on our society which lasts to this day.

Here in Nacogdoches (Oldest Town in Texas), I have enjoyed seeing women in town when I go in for supplies who are naturally aging. It isn't offensive. It's life on life's terms, literally. It's a softening of features. Plastic surgery changes features completely.

There are a few times that I felt surgically altering someone was such a blessing. Ears that stick out look clownish and almost impossible to cover. I've known two men who had it done and the results were wonderful. They looked normal, not enhanced.

At 54, I can see where the Botox would go in my face. I've also seen why women have collagen in their lips and 'eye work.' But, I'm not offended by my face aging. My age doesn't bother me. And, my world is blooming and opening up more each day. I'm in love with my life so enhancing my physical appearance won't raise my experience.

Obsession with self-image is like a disease. It distorts a person's view of the world into a very small version by focusing on something as tiny as lips or a bulge here or there. Thousands of dollars are spent by taking away lines or plumping small areas. Most of the women that I know who had age-reducing treatments weren't happier or more peaceful afterwards. Most tended to shift their focus to a different area to change.

Weight is an entire discussion but California is at a high threat level. Job opportunities, social engagements and public/private acknowledgement become limited as body weight goes up. It's isn't pretty, but I noticed it playing out many times in my 25 years on the West Coast.


Texas women might have some room for improvement. California people could back off the focus on the externals more. A blend of both worlds could be wonderful. One should be proud of personal appearance but not obsessed. Going into town in ill-fitting, stained, ragged clothing, in house slippers with hair bundled and clipped on top is a tired sight here in Deep East Texas. Octogenarians with large, perky breasts and tight faces with hairlines raised oddly high are equally uninspiring.

It's all about balance. Always has been. Always will be.

Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Sherry_Lynn_Daniel/2093738



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9769983

Post a Comment